How should I clean the product?
To keep your product operating at its best, clean in periodically using the following procedure:
- Do not press the glass surface of the document glass with any force.
- Be careful not to scratch or damage the glass surface of the document glass, and do not use a hard or abrasive brush to clean it. A damaged glass surface can decrease the scan quality.
- Never use alcohol, thinner, or corrosive solvent to clean the product. These chemicals can damage the product components and the case.
- Be careful not to spill liquid into the product mechanism or electronic components. This could permanently damage the mechanism and circuitry.
- Do not spray lubricants on the product.
- Never open the product case.
- Turn off the scanner.
- Unplug the power cord from the product.
- Clean the outer case with a cloth dampened with mild detergent and water.
- If the glass surface gets dirty, clean it with a soft dry cloth. If the glass surface is stained with grease or some other hard-to-remove material, use a small amount of glass cleaner and a soft cloth to remove it. Wipe off all remaining liquid. Make sure that dust does not build up on the glass surface. Dust can cause spots and straight lines in your scanned images.
- Clean the document cover if it gets dirty.
- Open the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) cover and use a soft, dry, clean cloth to clean the roller and the interior of the ADF.
Important: Do not touch the part shown in the illustration.
Note: Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the glass surface.
Published: 28-Nov-2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!