How do I connect my product with a Wi-Fi Direct connection?
Enabling Wi-Fi Direct ModeYou can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode to allow direct communication between your product and computer or other devices without a wireless router or access point.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Wi-Fi Setup and press the OK button.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Wi-Fi Direct and press the OK button.
- Press the OK button at the next two screens.
- After a moment, press the OK button again. You see your network name (SSID) and password displayed on a screen like this:
- Do one of the following:
- To use the displayed password, press the OK button and skip the next step.
- To change the Wi-Fi Direct password, press the down arrow button and press the OK button and go to the next step.
Note: If you have already connected devices or computers to your product via Wi-Fi Direct, they will be disconnected when you change the password.
- Enter the Wi-Fi Direct password you want to use. Your password must be at least 8 and no more than 22 characters long.
- Press the up and down arrow buttons to scroll through characters. Then press the right arrow button to move to the next character.
- To switch between ABC (uppercase), abc (lowercase), or 123 (numbers and symbols), press the home button.
- To delete characters, press the left arrow.
- When you finish entering characters, press the OK button.
- Press the OK button again. You see a screen like this:
Note: Make a note of the SSID and password that appear.
- Use your computer or wireless device to select the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) displayed on the LCD screen and enter the password shown.
- On your product control panel, press the OK button twice to exit. You see the connection symbol on the LCD screen and should be able to print from your device to your product. If you are printing from a computer, make sure you installed the network software as described on the Start Here sheet.
If the connection symbol does not appear on the LCD screen, Wi-Fi Direct mode is not enabled. Repeat these steps to try again.