How do I set the default print settings in Windows or on my Mac?
To set default settings for all your software, follow the steps below for your operating system.
Note: When you change the print settings in your software, the change only occurs while the software is open. You will need to select the settings again the next time you open the same software.
- Do one of the following:
- Windows 10: Click and select (Settings) > Devices > Printers & scanners. Select your printer and select Manage > Printing preferences.
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows 7: Click and select Devices and Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows Vista: Click and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and select Control Panel). Select Printer (under Hardware and Sound) or Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows XP: Click Start and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and select Control Panel). Select Printers and Other Hardware (if available) and then Printers and Faxes. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Select the default settings you want to use.
- Click OK.
- Open a document and select Print from the File menu.
- Make sure your product is selected. Click the arrow next to the Printer setting or the Show Details button to expand the print window, if necessary.
- Select the print settings you want to save.
Note: Some options may not be saved as a preset.
- Click the Presets pop-up menu and select Save As or Save Current Settings as Preset.
- Enter a name for your preset and choose whether this preset can be used with any printer or only with the currently selected printer.
- Click OK.
When you are ready to print, click the Presets pop-up menu, select your preset from the list, and then click Print. Once a preset has been selected, it will be selected automatically in the print dialog for future print jobs until another preset is selected. To revert to the default print settings, select Default Settings from the Presets pop-up menu.
If you don't want to create a preset and simply want to print with the last print settings you selected, select Last Used Settings in the Presets pop-up menu.