How should I transport or store my product?
If you need to store your product or transport it some distance, prepare it for transportation as described here.
- Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak.
- When storing or transporting an opened ink bottle, do not tilt the bottle and do not subject it to impacts or temperature changes. Otherwise, ink may leak even if the cap on the ink bottle is tightened securely. Keep the ink bottle upright when tightening the cap and keep the bottles level during transportation.
- Do not put opened ink bottles in the box with the product.
- Do not carry the product by its control panel; this may damage the product.
Caution: During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
- Turn off the product.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Lift up the scanner unit and check to see if the print head is in the far right position (the home position). If not, turn on the product, wait for the print head to move to the far right, then turn the product off again.
- Secure the print head to the case with tape.
Do not place tape on the white flat cable inside the product; otherwise, you may damage your product.
- Make sure the ink tank caps are securely closed and close the ink tank cover.
- Lower the scanner unit.
- Close the ADF document support and the ADF output tray extension. Slide in the output tray, close the front cover, and lower the control panel.
- Place the product in its original packaging materials, if possible, or use equivalent cushioning around the product.
Be sure to remove the tape from the print head before turning on your product. If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.Related concepts
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment