The photos I print on glossy photo paper smear after they are printed. What should I do?
To avoid smearing your photos, try the following:
- Do not touch the printed side until the ink is completely dry.
- Remove each sheet from the output tray as it is printed.
- Increase the ink drying time setting on the control panel. To change the setting, do the following:
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Settings > General Settings > Printer Settings > Ink Drying Time > Longer.
Note: When printing on glossy photo paper, ink drying times increase considerably (humidity, temperature, and other environmental conditions can affect photo drying times). Moisture and oils from your skin can also affect print quality, so avoid rubbing or scratching the surface of your photos even after they dry.