How do I uninstall the Epson printer and Epson Scan 2 software in Windows or on my Mac?
Follow the instructions below for your operating system.
Uninstalling Product Software - WindowsYou can uninstall and then re-install your product software to solve certain problems.
- Turn off the product.
- Disconnect any interface cables.
- Do one of the following:
- Windows 11: Click , then search for Settings and select it. Select Apps or System > Apps & features. Then select the program you want to uninstall and select Uninstall.
- Windows 10: Click and select (Settings) > Apps or System > Apps & features. Then select the program you want to uninstall and select Uninstall.
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features. Select the uninstall option for your Epson product, then select Uninstall/Change.
Note: If you see a User Account Control window, click Yes or Continue.Select your product again, if necessary, then select OK, and click Yes to confirm the uninstallation.
- Windows (other versions): Click or Start, and select All Programs or Programs. Select EPSON, select your product, then click EPSON Printer Software Uninstall.
Note: If you see a User Account Control window, click Yes or Continue.In the next window, select your product and click OK. Then follow any on-screen instructions.
- Do one of the following to uninstall Epson Event Manager, then follow any on-screen instructions:
- Windows 11/Windows 10/8.x: Select Epson Event Manager and click Uninstall.
- Windows 7/Windows Vista: Open the Windows Control Panel utility. Select Programs and Features. (In Classic view, select Programs and click Uninstall a program.) Select Epson Event Manager and click Uninstall/Change.
- Do one of the following to uninstall Epson Scan 2, then follow any on-screen instructions:
- Windows 11/Windows 10: Select Epson Scan and click Uninstall.
- Windows 8.x/Windows 7/Windows Vista: Select Epson Scan 2 and click Uninstall/Change.
- Restart your computer, then see the Start Here sheet to re-install your software.
Note: If you find that re-installing your product software does not solve a problem, contact Epson.Related references
Where to Get Help
Uninstalling Product Software - MacIn most cases, you do not need to uninstall your product software before re-installing it. However, you can download the Uninstaller utility from the Epson support website to uninstall your product software as described here.
Note: If you find that re-installing your product software does not solve a problem, contact Epson.
- To download the Uninstaller utility, visit epson.com/support (U.S.), epson.ca/support (Canada), or latin.epson.com/support (Latin America) and select your product.
- Click Downloads.
- Select your operating system, click Utilities, locate the Uninstaller utility, and click Download.
- Run the file you downloaded.
- Double-click the Uninstaller icon.
- In the Epson Uninstaller screen, select the checkbox for each software program you want to uninstall.
- Click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.
- Reinstall your product software.
Note: If you uninstall the printer driver and your product name remains in the Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners window, select your product name and click the – (remove) icon to remove it.Related references
Where to Get Help