How should I transport my product?
Before you transport the product for a long distance or store it for an extended period of time, you need to lock the carriage to prevent damage.
- Make sure the carriage is in the home position on the left side of the product. If the carriage is not in the home position, turn on the product and wait until the carriage moved to the home position.
- Turn off the product, then unplug the power cord.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the product.
- Return the protective material to the position shown in the following illustration.
- Slide the transportation lock lever on the left of the scanner to the locked position to secure the scanner carriage.
- Attach the packing materials that came with the product, then repack the product in its original box or a similar box that fits the product snugly.
Published: 28-Nov-2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!