IMPORTANT NOTICE: BY PURCHASING THIS EPSON PRODUCT, YOU ARE AGREEING TO IMPORTANT LEGAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING A CLASS ACTION WAIVER AND ARBITRATION PROVISION. PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY.
Epson Store Terms and Conditions
I. General Terms and Conditions of Sale
"Epson Store" is an operating name for Epson America, Inc. on the web at www.epson.ca, www.epsonstore.ca, and www.epsonsupplies.ca. Epson America, Inc., operates the Epson Store and is the seller of Epson products on the web.
In these Terms, "Epson," "we" and "us" refer to Epson America, Inc., and "you" refers to the purchaser.
These Terms apply to all on-line purchases made through this website. You agree to these Terms by placing orders through this site. We may change these Terms from time to time.
Please note that we are not able to ship to P.O. boxes, APO, FPO, or non-USA addresses including Canada and U.S. territories or provinces.
The price for a product is the price in effect at the time we receive your order. We may change prices from time to time. Occasionally this site may have an incorrect price for an item. If that happens, we will notify you before the item is shipped.
In the U.S., all prices are in U.S. Dollars. In Canada, all prices are in Canadian Dollars. Prices listed on this site do not include sales tax or shipping charges.
Your order must be placed using the order form provided on this site. You must complete all information requested on the form for the order to be processed. All orders are subject to acceptance by Epson.
C. Returns & Exchanges:
The Epson Store stands behind the quality of Epson products. For purchases made directly from the Epson Store, we offer a 30-day return for exchange/credit from date of purchase, if for any reason you are dissatisfied with a purchase. Given the nature of downloadable digital items, we do not offer this return and exchange period for digital purchases, like software.
D. Limitation of Epson's Liability:
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, EPSON WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE, OR FROM THE PURCHASE OR USE OF PRODUCTS. THIS IS TRUE EVEN IF EPSON OR A REPRESENTATIVE OF EPSON HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL EPSON'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR PRODUCT PURCHASED ON THIS SITE.
E. Disputes, Arbitration, Governing Laws:
1. Both you and Epson agree that any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to Epson products or services or this agreement, shall be resolved by arbitration on individual, non-class, non-representative basis, rather than in court. The arbitration shall be governed by the rules of JAMS that are in effect when the arbitration is filed, excluding any rules that permit arbitration on a class or representative basis and under the rules set forth in this agreement. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency shall have the exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation, including but not limited to, any claim that all or any part is void or voidable. JAMS rules are available at http://www.jamsadr.com or by calling 1-800-352-5267. Disputes shall be resolved by a single neutral arbitrator, and both parties shall have a reasonable opportunity to participate in the selection of the arbitrator. If you wish, you may appear at the arbitration by phone. The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this agreement.
2. Pre-Arbitration Steps and Notice. Before submitting a claim for arbitration, you agree to try, for sixty (60) days, to resolve any dispute informally by contacting us at email@example.com. Please include your name, address and contact information, the facts giving rise to the dispute, and the relief requested. You agree to act in good faith to resolve the dispute, but if you and Epson do not reach a resolution within the sixty (60) days, you may commence an arbitration.
3. Opt-out. You may elect to opt-out (exclude yourself) from the final, binding, individual arbitration procedure and waiver of class and representative proceedings specified in this agreement by sending a written letter to Epson America, Inc., ATTN: Legal Department, 3131 Katella Avenue, Los Alamitos, CA, 90720, within thirty (30) days of your purchase of the Epson products and/or services that specifies (i) your name, (ii) your mailing address, and (iii) your request to be excluded from the final, binding individual arbitration procedure and waiver of class and representative proceedings specified in this Section E. In the event that you opt-out consistent with the procedure set forth above, all other terms shall continue to apply, including the requirement to provide notice prior to litigation.
4. There is no judge or jury in arbitration and your grounds for appeal are limited, however, the arbitrator is empowered to grant relief and award you the same damages as a court could, including declaratory or injunctive relief. Judgment on the arbitration may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
5. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may bring an individual action in a small claims court of your state or municipality if the action is within that court’s jurisdiction and is pending only in that court.
6. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we also both agree that you or we may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of trademark, patent infringement, copyright, or trade secret.
7. Any action must be brought within one (1) year of the expiration of the warranty.
8. If any provision in this Section E is found to be unenforceable, that provision shall be severed with the remainder of this agreement remaining in full force and effect. The foregoing shall not apply to the prohibition against class or representative actions. This means that if Section 9 (below) is found to be unenforceable, the entire Section E (but only Section E) shall be null and void.
9. We each agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action.
10. This section E is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
F. Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
Governing Law: Except for Section E, for any claims subject to arbitration, you and Epson agree that the law of the state where you reside shall govern.
Venue: Except for claims subject to arbitration pursuant to section E, in the event of a dispute you and Epson both consent to the jurisdiction of your state of residence or, if none, Los Angeles.
II. Returns and Exchanges
A. Epson America, Inc. (The Epson Store) Return for Exchange/Credit Policy (The Epson Guarantee)
The Epson Store stands behind the quality of Epson products. For purchases made directly from the Epson Store, we offer a 30-day return for exchange/credit from date of purchase, if for any reason you are dissatisfied with a purchase other than the Exceptions below.Our Returns/Exchanges policy as well as other shipping and refunds generally apply to hardware/physical products (e.g. Sections II (A-F)). Many of these terms are not applicable to downloadable digital items. Specifically, we do not offer returns/exchanges or refunds for digital purchases, like software (see Section II (G) below titled, “Software”).
Unless the product arrives damaged or defective, our 30-day return policy excludes the following since we cannot restock these items for resale:
- closeout and refurbished products
- opened items such as software, paper or media packs, ink cartridges, toner cartridges, projector lamp bulbs, adapters and cables.
C. Return Instructions
All merchandise for return must be in new condition, with its original packaging. Any accompanying manuals, disks, and/or or supplies must be returned with the product. If product returned to us is incomplete or in less than original condition, we reserve the right to assess a 10% service charge and bill it directly to your credit card.
To request a return for exchange/credit, you will need an authorization number and return instructions:
Please call (800) 444-1527, Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific Time.
To return a package, follow the return instructions given by the return representative. Return the package within 7 days to our Indiana facility, via prepaid, insured, traceable method to ensure a safe and documented delivery to us. Epson Store cannot be responsible for goods lost or damaged in transit to our warehouse. Note: For damaged, defective or incorrect product, Epson Store will cover the cost of the return shipping through issuance of a FedEx call tag.
D. Promotional Items
You may return items for which you received a promotional item(s). Please note: You must also return the promotional item(s). In the event of a return of a product that was accompanied by a promotional Epson Rewards Card, we will invalidate unused Epson Rewards Cards or the refund value to your credit card will be reduced by the prorated amount of the Epson Rewards Card.
E. Returns for Exchange
Returns for exchange are made for in-stock items; if we do not have the item in stock, we will refund the amount of your original purchase. Exchanges are pre-shipped to you. If we do not receive your return, you will automatically be billed for the exchange item.
F. Returns for Credit
Returns for credit will be processed and refunded to your credit card within 2 weeks of receipt of your return. It may take up to two billing cycles for the credit to appear on your monthly statement. If you desire more timely verification of your credit, you may call your credit card issuer. The amount refunded will be product price plus tax, if tax was applied. Shipping fees are not refundable, unless we shipped you damaged, defective or incorrect product.
Epson does not offer any return or exchange or refund for software purchases.
III. Closeout and Refurbished Products
A. Closeout Products:
All sales are final. These are new products in original factory condition and packaging that have recently been discontinued by Epson. They are available only while quantities last. In order to provide you with these savings and to move final quantities, we cannot accept returns unless the product arrived damaged or defective in which case your remedy is replacement with the same model or equivalent. See Terms of Sale and Conditions.
B. Refurbished Products:
All sales are final. These are products that have been returned to Epson. They have been inspected and tested to ensure they perform properly. Some may have minor blemishes due to handling. They are available only while quantities last. Refurbished products may or may not contain a media pack or the same software package or bundled accessories as new models. In order to provide these savings and to move final quantities, we cannot accept returns unless the product arrived damaged or defective in which case your remedy is replacement with the same model or equivalent. See Terms of Sale and Conditions.
C. Terms of Sale and Conditions for Closeout and Refurbished Products:
These refurbished Epson products are offered for sale only to end-user customers residing within the continental United States and are not to be offered for re-sale to retail dealers. Inventory of products is limited to supply on hand. Epson has the right to limit quantities to any purchaser. Prices do not include sales tax or shipping charges.
IV. Manufacturer's Warranty Information
Many Epson America, Inc. products are also covered by a limited manufacturer's warranty. Warranty information is presented on the product description page of the Epson website so you may read prior to purchase. For warranty information and service center assistance after purchase, please refer to your product documentation or the Epson Support section of the Epson America website.
V. Payment Issues
Epson may exercise any lawful remedy if a dispute arises over payment. Without limiting the preceding sentence, if your credit card institution refuses to pay us, we may cancel the order or delay shipment. We may also deduct, from any amount due to you, any sums you owe Epson America, Inc or its affiliates. We will also be entitled to all reasonable costs of collection, including attorneys' fees.
VI. Shipping Information
VI. Shipping Information If everything you order is in stock, we generally ship your order within one (1) business day of receipt of your order and verification of your credit card.
If you would like to have your package left at your ship to address without requiring a signature, please contact Purolator to have your signature on file. Please note: the package will only be left without a signature if you have a signature on file with Purolator.
IMPORTANT NOTE — Please provide a street address. Purolator will not deliver to P.O. boxes. Your order will be shipped via Purolator Ground. Orders will be delivered on a business day, Monday through Friday. There's no Saturday and Sunday delivery. Shipping methods other than Purolator are not presently accepted for orders made through this site.
Estimated delivery dates are based upon orders received by 1 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. If your order is placed and approved before 1 PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday, it will generally ship on the same day from our warehouse. Orders placed after 1 PM on Friday generally ship on Monday. No orders are shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays. We cannot guarantee any particular delivery date. Items ordered together may ship separately.
Shipping Outside of Canada:
Although we recognize that many of our customers travel outside of Canada, we are unable to ship to addresses outside of Canada. If you need products for your travel outside of the Canada, please plan your needs in advance of travel or arrange for a Canadian addressee to serve as your package forwarder.
VII. Oversized Shipping Charges
Due to weight or package dimensions, certain items can only be shipped by truck freight. The Epson Store ships orders containing oversized items via our preferred Epson carrier. Our preferred Epson carrier will contact you via telephone when your merchandise arrives at their terminal to setup a delivery appointment.
- Deliveries to Residential addresses will require a truck with a liftgate to complete the delivery; a liftgate is used to move oversized freight from the truck's floor to ground level.
- Our preferred Epson carrier will deliver the order to the curbside of your residence, but they are not responsible for bringing the merchandise into your home, uncrating, installing or removing packing materials.
- If your delivery address has a loading dock; you will be responsible for providing necessary equipment for off-loading merchandise in your order.
- If your delivery address does not have a loading dock; a truck with a liftgate will be required to complete the delivery. Our preferred Epson carrier will deliver the order to the curbside of your business, but they are not responsible for bringing the merchandise into your location, uncrating, installing or removing packing materials.
VIII. Canceling an Order
We ship promptly after receipt of an order, so we cannot cancel an order.
To request a return for exchange/credit for hardware purchases, you will need an authorization number and return instructions. You may call (800) 444-1527, Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific Time.
IX. Back Orders
On this site we try to offer only items currently in stock. However, it is possible that an item ordered will not be in stock. If this happens, we will send you an e-mail letting you know. In the e-mail we will ask you whether you would like us to ship the in-stock items on your order immediately, and to send you a follow-up e-mail when your selected out-of stock item(s) return to stock. The follow-up e-mail will be provided solely as a reminder to you that the item is in stock. We will not ship the item unless you return to our site after notification and reorder the item. We regret that it is not always possible to estimate when out-of-stock items will return to stock.
X. Sales Tax
Items sold on Epson.com are subject to tax.