My scanning software doesn't work properly in Windows or on my Mac. What should I do?
If your scanning software does not operate correctly, try these solutions:
- Make sure your computer has adequate memory and meets the system requirements for your operating system.
- Make sure your computer is not running in a power-saving mode, such as sleep or standby. If so, wake your system and restart your scanning software.
- Make sure the scanner is turned on.
- Make sure the connection between the scanner and your computer is secure.
- If you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall your scanning software, try reinstalling it.
- In Windows, be sure that the scanner is listed under Imaging Devices in the Device Manager.
Note: The scanner does not appear and the USB port is disabled if the optional Network Interface Unit is installed.
- Make sure the scanning software is installed.
- Connect the scanner directly to the computer. The scanner may not work properly when connected through a USB hub.
- Document Capture Pro (Windows) does not support Windows Vista or Windows server, so use Epson Scan 2 for scanning instead.
- If you are using a TWAIN-compliant program, make sure that the correct product is selected as the Scanner or Source setting.
- If you are using the scanner with the optional Network Interface Unit, make sure the network cable is securely connected.
Windows System Requirements
Mac System Requirements
Using the Network Interface Unit
Published: 5-Jun-2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!