How should I transport my product?
If you need to ship your product, transport it a long distance, or store it for an extended period, prepare it for transportation as described here.
- Make sure the carriage is in the home position on the left side of the scanner. If the carriage is not in the home position, turn on the scanner and wait until the carriage moves to the home position.
- Remove any originals from the scanner.
- Turn off the scanner.
- Unplug the AC adapter.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
- If the optional Network Interface Unit is installed, disconnect the Ethernet cable.
Note: You may need to remove the Network Interface Unit if you are packing the scanner in its original box.
- On the side of the scanner, slide the transportation lock to the locked position to secure the scanner carriage.
- Place the scanner in its original packing materials if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the scanner.
Published: 5-Jun-2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!