I can't start Epson Scan 2 in Windows or on my Mac. What should I do?
- Make sure your scanner is turned on and any interface cables are securely connected at both ends.
- Make sure Epson Scan 2 is selected in your scanning program.
- Make sure your computer is not running in a power-saving mode, such as sleep or standby. If so, wake your system and restart Epson Scan 2.
- If you connected the scanner using a USB cable, make sure it is connected directly to your computer or through only one USB hub.
- Make sure you do not have multiple versions of Epson Scan 2 installed. If you do, uninstall all versions and install one version.
- If you are using the scanner with the optional Network Interface Unit, make sure the network cable is securely connected.
- If you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall Epson Scan 2, try reinstalling it.
- If you are using a TWAIN-compliant program, make sure that the correct product is selected as the Scanner or Source setting.
If you cannot start Epson Scan 2, try these solutions:
Uninstall Your Scanner Software
Windows System Requirements
Mac System Requirements
Published: 31-Aug-2016 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!