I can't start Epson Scan 2. What should I do?
If you cannot start Epson Scan 2, try these solutions:
- Be sure to use the USB cable that came with the scanner.
- Make sure your scanner is turned on and any interface cables are securely connected at both ends.
- Make sure your computer is not running in a power-saving mode, such as sleep or standby. If so, wake your system and restart Epson Scan 2.
- Make sure that your scanner driver is displayed in the Device Manager screen under Imaging Devices.
- Connect the scanner directly to the computer. The scanner may not work properly when connected through a USB hub.
- Make sure you do not have multiple versions of Epson Scan 2 installed. If you do, uninstall all versions and install one version.
- If you are using the scanner with the optional Epson Network Interface Unit, make sure the network cable is securely connected.
- If you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall Epson Scan 2, try reinstalling it.
- If you are using a TWAIN-compliant program, make sure that the correct product is selected as the Scanner or Source setting.
- Make sure the power light stops flashing, indicating that the scanner is ready to scan.
Uninstall Your Scanner Software
Windows System Requirements
Mac System Requirements
Published: 14-Feb-2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!