How do I scan using my product's control panel?
You can scan an original from the control panel using jobs created in Document Capture Pro (Windows) or Document Capture (Mac).
Note: To scan an original from the control panel, a USB connection is required.
- Make sure you installed the product software and connected the product to your computer or network.
Note: Restart your computer after installing the product software to enable scanning from the control panel.
- Place your original on the product for scanning.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Use the arrow buttons to select Scan, and press the OK button.
- On the Select Job screen, use the left and right arrow buttons to select a job.
Note: If you want to start scanning immediately, press the start button on the Select Job screen.
- If you want to change the scan settings, press the down arrow.
Note: Make sure the Disable job setting changes on the control panel setting is not selected in Document Capture Pro or Document Capture.
- Select from the following options:
- To slow down the scanning speed, set the Slow setting to On.
- To skip double feed detection when scanning originals such as envelopes or plastic cards, set the DFDS Function setting to On.
- To stop scanning immediately when a feed error occurs, set the Paper Protection setting.
- To detect dirt on the glass surface inside the scanner, set the Detect Glass Dirt setting to On-Low, if the alert displays a misdetection, or On- High if dirt is not detected.
- Press the back button to return to the Select Job screen.
- Press the OK button to view the job settings.
- To edit the job settings, press the OK button and use the arrow buttons to change the settings as necessary. Then press the OK button to return to the Edit Job screen.
- Press the start button.