I cannot scan over a network. What should I do?
If you cannot scan over a network (RR-70W) with Epson ScanSmart or start the Epson Scan 2 Utility, try these solutions:
- Make sure the Wi-Fi switch is set to the Wi-Fi position.
- Make sure the computer and scanner are connected to the same network (or network segment/VLAN).
- Move the scanner and computer or smart device closer to the router or access point.
- If you cannot scan using the start button on the scanner, make sure you restarted your computer after installing the scanning software.
- If you are scanning a large original at a high resolution, a network communication error may occur. Try scanning again at a lower resolution.
- Check the network connection setting in the Epson Scan 2 Utility.
- You may need to disable the firewall and any anti-virus software on your wireless router or access point.
- If you see the message "Network product is not available: currently being used by user," there may be a communication error between the scanner and computer. Restart the scanner.
- If the Firewall function is active, the scanner may not be discovered by the Epson Scan 2 Utility. Open the Epson Scan 2 Utility, enter the IP address for your scanner, and click Add.
- If the scanner and computer cannot communicate and are connected to the same network (or network segment/VLAN), the privacy separator on your router must be disabled. Follow the instructions in your router documentation to disable the privacy separator.
Published: 25-Jan-2021 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!