I'm having trouble sending or receiving faxes. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure the telephone wall jack works by connecting a phone to it.
- Make sure the LINE port on the WorkForce is connected to a telephone wall jack.
- If your phone line has static or other noise problems, turn off the ECM (Error Correction Mode) setting and try faxing again. See Select Communication Settings for details.
- If the WorkForce is connected to a DSL phone line, you must have a DSL filter connected to the phone jack. Contact your DSL provider for the necessary filter.
- If you answer the phone and hear a fax tone and the call disconnects when you hang up, make sure there is a phone or answering machine connected to the EXT. port on the WorkForce.
- If you have problems receiving a fax, make sure paper is loaded, the phone cable is connected correctly, and the phone line works. To automatically receive faxes, make sure the light next to Auto Answer/Space button is turned on. See Automatically Receive a Fax for details.
- Make sure that your recipient's fax machine is turned on and working.
- If you're using DRD (Distinctive Ring), try setting DRD to OFF or ALL. If the fax answers when turning off DRD, the issue is with the ring pattern and you should contact your phone company.
Published: 14-Jul-2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!