My printout is blurry or smeared. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Use a support sheet with special paper, or load special paper one sheet at a time.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- Use EPSON papers to ensure proper saturation and absorption of genuine EPSON inks.
- Make sure the paper type setting in your product software matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Remove each sheet from the output tray as it is printed.
- Avoid handling printouts on glossy paper right after printing to allow the ink to set.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- If you print on both sides of a sheet of paper, smudges may appear on the reverse side of heavily saturated or dark images. If one side of a sheet will contain a lighter image or text, print that side first. Adjust the Print Density and/or Ink Drying Time settings.
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Align the print head.
- Clean the paper path. Note: Your product will not operate properly while tilted at an angle. Place it on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base of the product in all directions.
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment
Available EPSON Papers
Paper or Media Type Settings
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac OS X 10.4
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac OS X 10.4
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Cleaning the Paper Path
Selecting Double-sided Printing Settings - Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Selecting Double-sided Printing Settings - Mac OS X 10.4
Selecting Double-sided Printing Settings - Windows
Published: 29-Feb-2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!