My printout has lines running through it when I make a copy using the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder). What should I do?
Carefully clean the ADF and scanner glass. Do the following:
Do not use a hard brush, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it.
- Turn off the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all the paper.
- Open the ADF cover and use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended) to clean the rollers and the interior of the ADF.
- Close the ADF cover and open the document cover.
- Clean the scanner glass and the glass area on the left with a soft, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended), moistened with a little glass cleaner.
Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the glass and do not press the glass surface with any force.
- Press the tabs and remove the document mat.
- Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended) to clean the transparent part on the underside of the document mat.
- Replace the document mat by reversing the steps to remove it.
- Close the document cover, and reattach the power cable and other cables you disconnected before cleaning the product.