How do I connect my product with a Wi-Fi connection to a computer or another device without using a wireless router or access point?
Enabling Wi-Fi Direct ModeYou can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode to allow direct communication between your product and computer or other devices without a wireless router or access point.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Press .
- Select Setup. You see a screen like this:
- Select Wi-Fi Direct Setup.
- Select Connection Setup.
- To enable Wi-Fi Direct using the default password, select Proceed.
Note: You can change the Wi-Fi Direct password, but you will no longer be able to use NFC to connect to the product.The product sets up the network and displays the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password. You see a screen like this:
- Scroll down to view the SSID and password.
- Use your computer or wireless device to select the SSID displayed on the LCD screen, then enter the password shown.
- Press the home button to exit. You see either an AP or Direct connection symbol on the LCD screen and should be able to print directly to your product from your computer or device.
Note: If the AP or Direct connection symbol is not displayed on the LCD screen, Wi-Fi Direct mode is not enabled. Repeat these steps to try again.
Status Icon Information