How do I send a fax from my product's control panel?
You can send a fax from your product control panel by manually dialing the fax number or redialing the last dialed fax number.
- Place your original on the product for faxing.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Fax.
- Do one of the following:
- Select the Enter Fax Number area on the LCD display, then use the numeric keypad to enter the fax number. You can enter up to 64 characters.
- Select Redial to redial the last dialed fax number.
- If you need to change any fax settings, scroll down and select your settings.
Note: If your recipient's fax machine does not print in color, your fax is automatically sent in black-and-white.
- Press the start button. If prompted, select where you placed your document (ADF or scanner glass).
Note: To cancel faxing, select Cancel.Your product scans your original and prompts you to place additional pages, if necessary.
Note: If the number is busy or there is a communication problem, your product displays a redialing message and will redial the number in a few minutes.Related tasks
Entering Numbers and Characters for Faxing
Fax Sending Options
Placing Originals on the Product