What steps can I take to prepare my product for storage?
If you'll be placing your Epson printer into storage for a period of time, follow these storage guidelines to prepare the printer:
Carrying and Transporting Your ProductFollow these tips for traveling with your product:
- Charge the product before you leave.
- Make sure you take the USB cable for convenient charging on the road.
- Take extra ink cartridges and a spare maintenance box.
Observe the following precautions when carrying or transporting the product: When traveling by airplane, Epson recommends handling the product as a carry-on. Contact the airline to confirm that you can take the product in the passenger cabin. Avoid strong impacts, which may damage the product. Leave the ink cartridges and maintenance box installed; otherwise, the print head may dry out or ink may leak. Do not leave the product in direct sunlight, near heat sources, or inside cars or other hot locations. The product may be deformed or ink may leak.
- Turn off the product, and make sure the power light and the LCD screen turn off.
- Disconnect the AC adapter and USB cable.
- Close the printer cover.
- If you need to ship the product, place it in its original packing materials, if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product.
Note: When storing or transporting the product, place it as shown here:
Purchase Epson Ink Cartridges and Maintenance Box
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment