My product is printing blank pages from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
Several factors may cause the product to print blank pages, such as print settings, low ink, or the product itself.
Before printing, do the following:
- Place the product on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base in all directions. The product won't operate properly if it's tilted or at an angle.
- Visually check the ink levels. The ink levels may be low and you may need to refill the ink tanks.
- Make sure you're using paper that meets the product's specifications.
Note: Transparencies and vellum paper are not supported.
If you still see blank pages, make a copy of a document or photo, then do one of the following:
- If the copy is blank, print a nozzle check pattern to see if any of the nozzles are clogged. Clean the print head, if necessary.
- If the copy is fine, check the following:
- Make sure the paper size, orientation, and layout settings in your software are correct.
- Make sure your document does not contain blank pages. If your printer software has a Preview option, check for blank pages in your document before you print and remove them, if necessary.
- If the document you are printing contains a blank page, you can skip it by selecting the Skip Blank Page setting in your printer software as instructed below for your operating system.
- Do one of the following:
- Windows 10: Right-click and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click your product name and select Printer Preferences.
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows 7: Click and select Devices and Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows Vista: Click and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and then select Control Panel). Select Printer (under Hardware and Sound) or Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Windows XP: Click Start and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and then select Control Panel). Select Printers and Other Hardware (if available) and then Printers and Faxes. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Click the Maintenance tab, then click the Extended Settings button.
- In the Settings area, select the Skip Blank Page setting or checkbox.
- Click OK as necessary to save your settings.
- Open the menu, then select System Preferences.
- Select Print & Scan, Print & Fax, or Printers & Scanners, select your product, then select Options & Supplies.
- Select Driver or Options.
You see this screen:
- Set Skip Blank Page to On.
- Click OK.
If you still see blank pages in your printout, contact Epson support.Related concepts
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning