My printout is blurry or smeared. What should I do?
If your printouts are blurry or smeared, try these solutions:
- Make sure your paper is not damp, curled, old, or loaded incorrectly in your product.
- Use a support sheet with special paper, or load special paper one sheet at a time.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- Use Epson papers to ensure proper saturation and absorption of genuine Epson inks.
- Make sure the paper type setting in your product software matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper correctly for your product.
- Remove each sheet from the output tray as it is printed.
- Avoid handling printouts on glossy paper right after printing to allow the ink to set.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- If you print on both sides of a sheet of paper, smudges may appear on the reverse side of heavily saturated or dark images. If one side of a sheet will contain a lighter image or text, print that side first. Make sure the ink has dried before reloading the paper to print on the other side.
- The ink levels may be low and you may need to refill the ink. Visually check the ink levels. Also make sure you filled the tanks with the correct colors of ink.
- If you printed when the ink levels were too low to be seen in the ink tank windows, refill the ink tanks to the upper lines and run the Power Ink Flushing utility. Then run a nozzle check to see if print quality has improved.
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Align the print head.
- Clean the paper path.
- If you have not used the product for a long time, run the Power Ink Flushing utility.
Note: Flushing the ink tubes replaces all the ink inside the tubes, so flush the ink only if you cannot improve print quality by other means.
Note: Your product will not operate properly while tilted at an angle. Place it on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base of the product in all directions.Related concepts
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment
Power Ink Flushing
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Selecting Extended Settings - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac
Cleaning the Paper Path
Available Epson Papers