How do I connect my product with a Wi-Fi Direct connection?
Enabling Wi-Fi Direct ModeYou can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode to allow direct communication between your product and computer or other devices without a wireless router or access point.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select the icon. You see a screen like this:
- Select Wi-Fi Direct.
- Select Start Setup.
- Select Start Setup again. You see a screen like this:
- Use your computer or wireless device to select the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) displayed on the LCD screen, then enter the password shown.
- When you are finished, scroll down on the product's LCD screen and select OK.
Note: You can also scan the QR Code on the LCD screen to view online setup instructions.
- Press the home button to return to the Home screen. The Wi-Fi Direct icon is displayed on the LCD screen and indicates if Wi-Fi Direct is enabled on the product.
If you are printing from a computer, make sure you installed the network software as described on the Start Here sheet.
Status Icon Information
Published: 16-May-2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!