How do I reset the ink levels for my product?
If you refilled the ink tanks but the ink levels shown in the printer software are still low, you can reset the ink levels from the product's control panel by following the steps below.
Note: The product has a low ink alert system. The accuracy of this system depends on the user refilling the ink tanks correctly. The product cannot directly measure the ink levels in the tanks; instead it estimates the amount of ink remaining by internally monitoring ink usage. The low ink alert system may generate inaccurate messages if the ink tanks are not refilled according to the instructions in the product's User's Guide.
As a precaution, perform regular visual inspections of the ink tanks to ensure ink levels do not fall below the lower line. Continued use of the product when the ink level is below the lower line on the tank could damage the product.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Press the left or right arrow button to select Maintenance > Reset Ink Level.
- Press the start button twice to proceed.
- Press the right or left arrow button to highlight the ink tank you refilled and press the OK button to select it. Repeat for each ink tank color you refilled.
- Press the start button to reset the ink levels, then press the OK button when the reset is complete.