How do I refill the ink tank?
Make sure you have a new ink bottle handy and have read the ink safety precautions before you begin.
You can continue to use the product even if the ink tank is not filled all the way. However, for the most accurate ink level monitoring, fill all the ink tank up to the upper line.
Note: The product has a low ink alert system. The accuracy of this system depends on the user refilling the ink tank correctly. The product cannot directly measure the ink level in the tank; instead it estimates the amount of ink remaining by internally monitoring ink usage. The low ink alert system may generate inaccurate messages if the ink tank is not refilled according to these instructions.
As a precaution, perform regular visual inspections of the ink tank to ensure the ink level does not fall below the lower line. Continued use of the product when the ink level is below the lower line on the tank could damage the product.
If ink spills, wipe it off immediately with a damp towel to avoid permanent stains. If ink gets on your clothes or belongings, it may not come off.
- Turn on your product.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Select Maintenance. You see this screen:
- Scroll down and select Reset Ink Level.
- Open the ink tank cover, then open the ink tank cap.
- Hold the ink bottle upright and slowly turn the bottle cap to remove it.
Do not shake or squeeze the bottle. Do not touch the top of the bottle after its cap is removed.
Warning: If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out immediately. Seek medical advice if problems persist. Keep the ink bottles out of the reach of children and do not drink the ink.
- Insert the ink bottle into the filling port, as shown below.
- Wait for the ink to fill the tank. Do not squeeze the bottle. Ink flows into the tank and stops automatically when the ink is filled to the upper line.
Note: If ink does not flow from the bottle, lift and reinsert the bottle.
- When the ink tank is full, remove the ink bottle and securely close the ink tank cap.
Note: If any ink remains in the bottle, replace the bottle cap and tighten it. Store the bottle upright for later use.
- Close the ink tank cover.
- Select Reset.
- Confirm the message, then select OK.
If you reset the ink level without refilling the ink tank to the upper line, you may print without enough ink in the tank and damage your printer. Before you print, make sure you visually check the ink level of the tank.
Purchase Epson Ink and Maintenance Box