What does the message on my product's LCD screen mean?
Product Status Messages
You can often diagnose problems with your product by checking the messages on its LCD screen.
Note: If the screen is dark, press the screen to wake the product from sleep mode.
LCD screen message Condition/solution Printer error. Turn the power off and on again. If the problem persists, contact Epson Support. Turn the product off and then back on again. If the error persists, check for and remove any jammed paper or protective materials from the product. If the error still persists, contact Epson for support. Printer error. Contact Epson Support. Non-printing features are available. The printer may be damaged. Contact Epson for support. Non-printing features such as scanning are still available. Printer error. For details, see your documentation. The printer may be damaged. Contact Epson for support. Paper out in XX. Load paper. Paper Size: XX/ Paper Type: XX Load paper in the empty paper cassette. Make sure to insert the paper cassette all the way until it stops. You need to replace Ink Cartridge Replace the indicated ink cartridges. The printer's borderless printing ink pad is nearing the end of its service life. It is not a user-replaceable part. Please contact Epson Support. The ink pads are near the end of their service life and the message will be displayed until the ink pad is replaced. Contact Epson to replace ink pads before the end of their service life. The printer's borderless printing ink pad has reached the end of its service life. It is not a user-replaceable part. Please contact Epson Support. The ink pad is at the end of its service life. Turn off the product and contact Epson for support. Paper Setup Auto Display is set to Off. Some features may not be available. For details, see your documentation. AirPrint is not available when the Paper Setup Auto Display setting is disabled. Change the Paper Setup Auto Display setting to On. No dial tone is detected. Make sure the phone cable is connected correctly and the phone line works. If you connected the product to a PBX (Private Branch Exchange) phone line or Terminal Adapter, change the Line Type setting to PBX. If you still cannot send a fax, turn off the Dial Tone Detection setting. (Turning off the Dial Tone Detection setting may cause the product to drop the first digit of a fax number.) The combination of the IP address and the subnet mask is invalid. See your documentation for more details There is a problem with the network connection to your product. Set up your product on the network again. To use cloud services, update the root certificate from the Epson Web Config utility Access the Web Config utility and update the cloud service root certificate. Check that the printer driver is installed on the computer and that the port settings for the printer are correct. Make sure the printer port is correctly configured. In Windows, make sure the port is set to a USBXXX setting for a USB connection or EpsonNet Print Port for a network connection. Recovery mode
An error has occurred during firmware updating. Connect your product using a USB cable and try downloading the Firmware Update from Epson's support website. If you still need help, contact Epson for support. DNS error. Check DNS settings. A communication error during scanning to a shared folder over a network has occurred. Try the following:
- Make sure the computer you are scanning to is turned on and not in sleep mode.
- Temporarily disable the computer's firewall and security software, then try saving a scan over the network again. If successful, check your security software settings.
- Check the computer's network type to make sure it is not set to Public; you cannot save a scan to a shared folder over a public network. Click the link to "Cannot Save a Scan to a Shared Folder Over a Network" below for instructions.
- Make sure the shared folder path matches the path registered to your product contacts list.
- Make sure the IP address of the computer is correct. If using DHCP, obtain the IP address again. If using a static IP address, change the computer name in the shared folder path to the IP address and try again. (For example, change \\EPSON02\SCAN to \\192.168.xxx.xxx\SCAN)
- Make sure the DNS setting is correct, and that the computer name and IP address match when the DNS server management table is updated. Contact your network administrator.
Authentication error. Check the authentication method, authenticated account, and authenticated password. An authentication error during scanning to a shared folder over a network has occurred. Make sure the computer's user name and password are correct and match those registered to your product contacts list. Also make sure the password has not expired. Communication error. Check the Wi-Fi/network connection. A wireless communication error during scanning to a shared folder over a network has occurred. Try the following:
- Make sure the path to the shared folder matches the path registered to your product's contact list.
- Make sure you enabled access rights to the shared folder in the folder Properties when you created the shared folder. See the link below for instructions on creating a shared folder using the correct properties.
- Windows: Make sure the Use Microsoft network sharing setting is enabled in Web Config. Select Network > MS Network to access the setting. See the link below for instructions on accessing Web Config.
The file name is already in use. Rename the file and scan again. A file of the same name already exists in the shared network folder you are trying to scan to. Change the filename, or move or deleted files as necessary and try scanning to the shared folder again. Scanned file(s) are too large. Only XX pages have been sent. Check if the Location has enough space. The storage on the computer you are trying to scan to does not have enough space to store your scan. Increase the free space and try again.
Note: In some print cycles a very small amount of surplus ink may be collected in the borderless printing ink pad. To prevent ink leakage from the pad, the product is designed to stop borderless printing when the pad has reached its limit. Whether and how often this is required will vary according to the number of pages you print using the borderless print option. The need for replacement of the pad does not mean that your printer has ceased to operate in accordance with its specifications. The printer will advise you when the pad requires replacing and this can only be performed by an authorized Epson Service provider. The Epson warranty does not cover the cost of this replacement.Related tasks
Checking for Software Updates
Connecting a Telephone or Answering Machine
Creating a Shared Network Folder
Accessing the Web Config Utility
Selecting the Line Type
Cannot Save a Scan to a Shared Folder Over a Network
Solving Paper Problems
Wi-Fi or Wired Networking