I see the message Filter Failure with rastertoescpII when I try to print from my Mac. What should I do?
Do the following:
- On your Mac, open the menu, select System Preferences or System Settings, and then select Sharing.
- Do one of the following:
- If there is no name in the Computer Name field, enter a name for your computer.
- If there is a name in the Computer Name field, rename your computer.
- Close the window.
- Open the menu, select System Preferences or System Settings > Print & Scan, Print & Fax, or Printers & Scanners > your printer > Options & Supplies.
- Select General, if necessary. Enter your Computer Name as the Location and click OK.
Try printing again. If you can print now, you're done. If you can't print, go to the next step.
- Turn off your product.
- Open the menu, select System Preferences or System Settings > Print & Scan, Print & Fax, or Printers & Scanners > your printer and click . Click Delete Printer and close the window.
- Open your hard drive and do each of the following:
- Select Library > Printers and drag the Epson folder to the trash.
- Select Library > Printers > PPDs > Contents > Resources and drag the Epson Printer Name.gz file to the trash.
- Select Library > Caches and drag the Epson folder to the trash.
- Close the hard drive and empty the trash on your Mac.
- Restart your Mac, turn on your product, and then reinstall the driver for your product.
- Try to print again. If this does not solve the problem, contact Epson Support.
Published: 23-Feb-2023 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!