Nothing prints when I use the PostScript printer software. What should I do?
If you have sent a print job using the PostScript printer driver (ET-5180) and nothing prints, try these solutions:
- Make sure your product is turned on and connected to your computer.
- Make sure any interface cables are connected securely at both ends.
- If you connected your product to a USB hub, make sure it is a first-tier hub. If it still does not print, connect your product directly to your computer instead of the hub.
- Make sure the printer status is not offline or pending.
- Try changing the printing language to Auto or PS on the control panel.
- In Windows, delete all jobs from the Windows Spooler. Click Print Queue on the Maintenance tab in the printer settings window, and cancel any stalled print jobs.
- In Windows, select Print directly to the printer on the Advanced tab in the printer settings window.
- Make sure that the settings in the printing software match the settings in the printer driver.
- In Windows, set the Output Protocol setting on the Device Settings tab in the printer properties to ASCII or TBCP.
- In Windows, select the appropriate substitution fonts on the Device Settings tab in the printer properties.
Published: 14-Oct-2021 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!