Nothing projects on the screen. What should I do?
- Press the A/V Mute button on the remote control to see if the image was temporarily turned off.
- Make sure all necessary cables are securely connected and the power is on for the projector and connected video sources.
- If you connected your video source to the Monitor Out/Computer2 port, make sure you set the Monitor Out Port setting to Computer2.
- Press the projector's power button to wake it from standby or sleep mode. Also see if your connected computer is in sleep mode or displaying a blank screen saver.
- Press the Menu button. If the projector menu is able to display, there may be a problem with the connected video source, cable connection, or port.
- Check the settings on the Signal menu to make sure they are correct for the current video source.
- Adjust the Brightness setting or select the Normal Power Consumption setting.
- Check the Display setting to make sure Messages is set to On.
- If the projector does not respond when you press the control panel buttons, the buttons may be locked. Unlock the buttons.
- If the projector does not respond when you press buttons on the remote control, make sure the remote receivers are turned on.
- For images projected with Windows Media Center, reduce the screen size from full screen mode.
- For images projected from applications using Windows DirectX, turn off DirectX functions.
- If the other solutions do not solve the problem, reset all of the projector settings using the options on the Reset menu.
If no image appears, try the following solutions:
Unlocking the Projector's Buttons
Projector Setup Settings - Extended Menu
Projector Feature Settings - Settings Menu
Input Signal Settings - Signal Menu
Image Quality Settings - Image Menu
Published: 16-Jan-2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!