How do I replace the lamp?
Before you replace the lamp, let the projector cool down for at least one hour so the lamp will not be hot.
Warning: Let the lamp fully cool before replacing it to avoid injury.
You can replace the lamp while the projector is mounted to the ceiling, if necessary.
- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.
- Allow the projector lamp to cool down for at least one hour.
- Use the screwdriver included with the replacement lamp to loosen the screw securing the lamp cover.
Warning: If the lamp is broken, glass fragments may be loose inside the lamp chamber. Be careful removing any broken glass to avoid injury. If the projector is installed on the ceiling, stand to the side of the lamp cover and not underneath it; pieces of glass could fall into your eyes or mouth when you open the lamp cover.
- Slide the lamp cover out and lift it off.
- Loosen the screws securing the lamp to the projector. The screws do not come all the way out.
- Grasp the raised section of the lamp and gently pull the lamp out of the projector.
Note: The lamp(s) in this product contain mercury. Please consult your state and local regulations regarding disposal or recycling. Do not put in the trash.
- Gently insert the new lamp into the projector. If it does not fit easily, make sure it is facing the right way.
Do not touch any glass on the lamp assembly to avoid premature lamp failure.
- Push in the lamp firmly and tighten the screws to secure it.
Do not over-tighten the screws.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw to secure it.
Note: Be sure the lamp cover is securely installed or the lamp will not come on.
Reset the lamp timer to zero to keep track of the new lamp's usage.