I see the message No Signal. What should I do?
If the "No Signal" message appears, try the following solutions:
- Press the Source Search button and wait a few seconds for an image to appear.
- Turn on the connected computer or video source, and press its play button to begin your presentation, if necessary.
- Check the connection from the projector to your video sources.
- If you are projecting from a laptop computer, make sure it is set up to display on an external monitor.
- If necessary, turn the projector and the connected computer or video source off and then on again.
- If you are projecting from an HDMI source, replace the HDMI cable with a shorter one.
- Connect the video source directly to the projector.
- Try a different video cable.
- If the other solutions do not solve the problem, reset all of the projector settings using the options on the Reset menu.
Displaying From a PC LaptopIf you see the "No Signal" message when you display from a PC laptop, you need to set up the laptop to display on an external monitor.
- Hold down the laptop's Fn key and press the key labeled with a monitor icon or CRT/LCD. (See your laptop manual for details.) Wait a few seconds for an image to appear. To display on both the laptop's monitor and the projector, try pressing the same keys again.
Note: On Windows 7 or later, hold down the Windows key and press P at the same time, then click Duplicate.
- If the same image is not displayed by the laptop and projector, check the Windows Display utility to make sure the external monitor port is enabled and extended desktop mode is disabled. (See your computer or Windows manual for instructions.)
- If necessary, check your video card settings and set the multiple display option to Clone, Mirror, or Duplicate.
Displaying From a Mac LaptopIf you see the "No Signal" message when you display from a Mac laptop, you need to set up the laptop for mirrored display. (See your laptop manual for details.)
- Open the System Preferences utility and select Displays, Display, or Color LCD.
- Click the Arrange or Arrangement tab.
- Select the Mirror Displays checkbox.
Published: 14-Jan-2021 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!