How do I set up my projector?
You can place the projector on almost any flat surface to project an image.
You can also install the projector in a ceiling if you want to use it in a fixed location. An optional ceiling mount is required when suspending the projector from a ceiling. Click the "Important Safety Instructions" link below to read important safety instructions before mounting the projector.
There is no vertical or horizontal limit to how the projector can be installed.
Keep these considerations in mind as you select a projector location:
- Place the projector on a sturdy, level surface or install it using a compatible mount.
- Leave plenty of space around and under the projector for ventilation, and do not place it on top of or next to anything that could block the vents.
- If you are using the projector at altitudes above 4921 feet (1500 m), set the High Altitude Mode setting to On in the projector's Settings menu to ensure the projector's internal temperature is regulated properly.
- Position the projector within reach of a grounded electrical outlet or extension cord.
- If installing on the ceiling, remove all projector feet.
- Place the projector so it squarely faces the screen, not at an angle. If you cannot install the projector squarely facing the screen, correct any resulting image distortion using the projector controls.
- To change the projected image size, move the projector closer to or further away from the surface you are projecting onto.
- Try not to set up the projector in locations subject to high humidity and dust, or in locations subject to smoke from fires or tobacco smoke.
Important Safety Instructions
Projector Setup and Installation Options
You can set up or install your projector in the following ways:
Wherever you set up the projector, make sure to position it squarely in front of the screen, not at an angle, if possible. If the projector is installed at an angle, it should be installed by qualified technicians using mounting hardware designed for use with this projector.
If you project from the ceiling or wall, or from the rear, be sure to select the correct Projection option in the projector's menu system.
Note: Install the projector appropriately to prevent it from falling down. Use M4 screws (up to a depth of 0.35 inches [9 mm]) to fix the projector's ceiling mount fixing points and the mounting hardware at the four points.Installation space
Be sure to leave the following amount of space around the projector so as to not block the air exhaust or intake vents.
1 0.9 inches (2.3 cm) 2 7.9 inches (20 cm) 3 3.9 inches (10 cm)
If you are installing multiple projectors next to each other, make sure hot air from the exhaust vent does not go into the air intake vent of the other projector.
1 43.3 inches (110 cm)
If you use a partition, you can narrow the space between the projectors.
1 Partition 2 7.9 inches (20 cm)