SERVICE CONTRACT COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE
This document sets forth the entire Certificate of Coverage, (Contract) between the Service Contract Administrator hereinafter referred to as We, Us and Our, and, the Purchaser as You and Your. No representation, promise or condition herein shall modify these terms. Service Net Warranty, LLC ("Service Net") is contractually obligated to You to provide service under this Contract where in accordance with, and as allowed by state law. If this Contract is purchased in Florida, New Hampshire Insurance Company is contractually obligated to You to provide service under this Contract.
- TO OBTAIN AUTHORIZATION FOR SERVICE. Service will be provided by Epson or an Epson authorized service center, for a maximum of three times during the Contract term (if You purchased "Next Business Day Exchange Service," next-day exchange service is available without limit through the manufacturer's warranty period, and thereafter for a maximum of three times until the end of the Contract term). Epson will arrange for service and Service Net will cover the reasonable parts and labor costs that are authorized, after expiration of manufacturer's warranty period. You may be asked to provide proof of purchase as a condition for receiving service under this Contract. Your original purchase receipt should be kept with this Contract in a safe place.
(a) Repair Service: This coverage applies to You if "Repair Service" is stated on the front of this Contract. If service is needed, Your product will be repaired without charge for parts or labor. You are responsible for delivery of the product to the repair center for service, and for pickup of the product following completion of service. If needed, postage, insurance, or shipping costs incurred in presenting Your product for service are Your responsibility.
- Have this Contract, Your Contract number, your PIN, and the original product receipt available.
- Call the number listed on the front of this Certificate of Coverage.
- Instructions for service will be given.
- This coverage applies to You if either "Exchange Service" or "Next Business Day Exchange Service" is stated on the front of this Contract. If service is needed, Your defective product will be exchanged for a functioning unit (new or refurbished) without charge for parts or labor. At Our option the exchange unit may be another model (new or refurbished) of kind and quality similar to Your defective unit. In order to process an exchange, You must secure return of the defective product by providing Us with a valid credit card number with sufficient credit to cover the price of the replacement product. You will be billed at the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price for the unit if the defective product is not returned within 10 business days of shipment of the replacement product to You, or if the unit is returned damaged because you have not properly packed or shipped it. We will pay the shipping costs to and from the service center. The product is not to be taken back to the retailer.
- If "Next Business Day Exchange Service" is stated on the front of this Contract, then these additional terms apply to Your exchange. During the limited warranty period for Your product, and through the expiration date of this Contract, We will provide You with a functioning exchange unit by the next business day after we determine service is needed, if we are able to make that determination by noon Pacific time.
- TIME FOR SERVICE. Service will be performed during the regular working hours of Epson and its authorized service centers, excluding holidays.
- WHAT IS COVERED. We will furnish labor, parts, and/or exchange product (or pay for same) necessary to restore the product specified in this agreement to normal operating conditions, provided such service is necessitated by product failure during normal usage. The product specified and covered includes only equipment as originally configured and charged for in this Contract.
WHO PROVIDES COVERAGE: All service or repair work provided under this Contract will be performed by Epson or through an Epson authorized service center.
Power Surge and Spike: This service plan protects against operational or mechanical failure of a covered product if a failure occurs while properly connected to a surge protector approved by the Underwriter's Laboratory. Your surge protector may be collected by Us for examination.
- IMPORTANT NOTE. Repairs recommended by the repairing facility not necessitated by mechanical breakdown are not covered unless specifically authorized by Us. We reserve the right to inspect the items to be covered, or the items covered, as the case may be, prior to coverage or during the coverage period. Model number, serial number and original date of purchase of all items to be covered must be provided to execute application for service.
- EXCHANGE UNITS, PARTS AND SUBCONTRACTING. Exchange units and parts used to repair equipment may either be new or refurbished at Our sole option. Service may be performed by subcontractors.
- UNAVAILABILITY OF FUNCTIONAL PARTS OR TECHNICAL INFORMATION. If this Contract covers Repair Service and We determine that We are unable to repair Your product due to the unavailability of functional parts, service or technical information, then We may provide You with an exchange unit, or reimburse you as provided in section 7 below.
- CLAIMS LIMITATIONS. If (i) We reimburse You for the original purchase price of your product minus sales tax, or (ii) the Contract term expires, or (iii) service is provided three times (whether repairs, exchanges, or any combination of repairs and exchanges), then We shall have satisfied all obligations owed under this Contract and it shall terminate.
- DEDUCTIBLE. No deductible applies to this Contract.
- LIMITATIONS OF COVERAGE. THIS CONTRACT DOES NOT COVER:
a) Any equipment located outside the United States.
b) Service required as a result of any alteration of the equipment, or repairs made by anyone other than a participating servicing dealer, an authorized service provider, its agents, distributors, contractors or licensees, or the use of supplies other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
c) Installation, removal, or reinstallation of any equipment.
d) Damage or other equipment failure due to causes beyond Our control including, but not limited to, repairs necessary due to operator negligence, the failure to maintain the equipment according to the owner's manual instructions, abuse, vandalism, telephone failure, theft, fire, flood, wind, freezing, power failure, inadequate power supply, unusual atmospheric conditions, or acts of war or acts of God.
e) Service necessary because of improper storage, improper ventilation, reconfiguration of equipment, use or movement of the equipment, including the failure to place the equipment in an area that complies with the manufacturer's published space or environmental requirements.
f) Any utilization of equipment that is inconsistent with either the design of the equipment or the way the manufacturer intended the equipment to be used. Any installation that prevents normal service. Any and all cases in which the manufacturer of the equipment would not honor any warranty regarding the equipment.
g) Expendable, lost, or consumable items such as, but not limited to: For Peripheral devices: removable data storage, accessory cables, batteries, and media disks. For Printers, Copiers, and Multifunctional Equipment: ink, fuser, roller kits, maintenance kits, and any toner/cartridge. Nonfunctional parts: including but not limited to: light bulbs, nonfunctional plastic, porcelain, or enamel parts. For all products: Telephone or other lines connecting to the equipment. Items that are considered consumable by the manufacturer.
h) In-warranty parts not provided or shipped by the manufacturer. Operational or mechanical failure covered by manufacturer's warranty, manufacturer's recall, improper construction, or factory bulletins (regardless of whether or not the manufacturer is doing business as an ongoing enterprise). Defects in the equipment due to the manufacturer's error or improper construction of the equipment.
i) Any problem that is not reported prior to expiration of this Contract.
j) Any software, including but not limited to, application programs, network programs, upgrades, formatting of any kind, databases, files, drivers, source code, object code or proprietary data, or any support, configuration, installation or reinstallation of any software or data.
k) Equipment sold without a manufacturer's warranty or sold "as is" or refurbished products.
l) Normal, periodic or preventative maintenance, customer education and cleanings.
m) Consequential damage to or spoilage of CD's, film, or recording tapes as a result of the malfunctioning of or damage to an operating part, or as a result of any repairs or replacement under this agreement.
n) Equipment used in industrial settings. Equipment used in industrial settings may be defined as: (I) Any utilization of equipment that is inconsistent with either the design of the equipment or the way the manufacturer intended the equipment to be used, (II) Any and all cases in which the manufacturer of the equipment would not honor any warranty regarding the equipment.
o) Loss or damage as a result of violation of existing federal, state and municipal codes including repairs to products not complying with said codes.
p) Preexisting conditions (incurred prior to the effective date of coverage), known to You.
q) Consequential damages or delay in rendering service under this Contract, or loss of use during the period that the product is at the authorized service center or otherwise awaiting parts. You are responsible for creating backups of all Your data and software on a regular basis.
r) Equipment where the serial plate attached to the equipment is removed, defaced or made illegible.
s) Damage resulting from unauthorized repair; software virus; improper electrical wiring and connections; damage caused during delivery, improper installation, or setup; user-facilitated minor adjustments and settings outlined in the product's owners manual; inaccessible products or parts; negligence, misuse or abuse whether willful or not.
t) Payment for subsequent service calls that result in "no failure found" diagnosis. Non failure problems including but not limited to noises, squeaks, simple paper jams not requiring parts and intermittent issues are not product failures. Subsequent trip charges may need to be paid by You if a second "no failure found" diagnosis is determined based on the same problem.
u) Misuse, abuse, rentals, unauthorized repairs and/or parts by others, parts designed for replacement during the life of the product such as bulbs and filters, squeaking or other noises.
v) Transit or delivery damage, damage caused by packing, unpacking, assembly, installation, or removal. Short circuit, loss of use, parts or labor covered under the manufacturer's warranty, lack of maintenance, bodily injury. We will not pay for adjustments or repairs required because of conditions at your location.
w) Any cost recoverable under any other warranty, guarantee, or under an insurance policy (in such case, this Contract will cover any applicable deductible).
- CANCELLATION AND REFUND. You may cancel this Contract at any time for any reason. If You cancel this Contract within sixty (60) days of the date purchased You will receive a refund of the full contract purchase price minus applicable State sales tax. If You cancel this Contract thereafter, You will be refunded the remaining days of coverage on a monthly prorated basis, less costs for service performed (if applicable).
- STATE VARIATIONS. Certain states have specific conditions; conditions listed on the front of this Contract may apply to You. Those conditions apply over any inconsistent or different terms found in this reverse side of this Contract.
- NOVATION. If Service Net assigns another insurance carrier with an "AM Best" industry rating of A- or better under this Contract directly or indirectly, such new insurance carrier will carry the liability under this Contract.
- RIGHT TO RECOVER FROM OTHERS. If We make any payment to You, We are entitled to recover what We paid You from other parties. By accepting settlement of a claim, You transfer to Us your right to recovery against any other party.
- RENEWABILITY. This Contract is renewable at Our sole discretion. Neither You, the dealer, nor We are obligated to renew this Contract beyond the current term. If You wish to renew this Contract, please call the toll-free number listed on the front of this Contract. Purchase of multiple Service Agreements to be dated consecutively is prohibited due to changes in Service Plans and pricing.
- TRANSFERABILITY. You may transfer this Contract to any person in the United States by sending written notice to: Service Net, 650 Missouri Ave., Jeffersonville, IN 47130.
- COVERAGE AND TERM. This is not an insurance policy. As the Service Contract Administrator, We will assist You in understanding Your warranty and coverage benefits from the day You purchase Your Plan. If Your product needs repair for operational or mechanical failure, You are required to call the toll free number listed on the front of this Contract or submit Your claim in writing to Service Net, 650 Missouri Ave., Jeffersonville, IN 47130. With any correspondence, please provide Your daytime phone number and claim number if applicable. If We fail to pay or provide service on a claim within 30 days after proof of loss has been filed, or in the event We are no longer a going concern, You are entitled to make a written claim directly against the Insurer, General Fidelity Insurance Company, 201 North Tryon Street, NC1-022-05- 01, Charlotte, NC 28255. The telephone number is (866)-763-7790. Please enclose a copy of Your plan when sending correspondence to the Insurer. The effective date and expiration date of coverage, and the type of service provided are stated on the face of this Contract, along with other important information. There are some limitations of coverage. You should review the Limitations of Coverage paragraph for details.
- ENTIRE CONTRACT. This is the entire Contract and no other written or oral modifications are valid. No modification, amendment or waiver of any of the provisions of this Contract shall be effective unless made in writing specifically referring to this Contract and duly signed by You and Us.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO CASE WILL EPSON, SERVICE NET, OR THEIR AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR LICENSEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST TIME, LOST DATA RESULTING FROM THE BREAKDOWN OR FAILURE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR FROM DELAYS IN SERVICING OR THE INABILITY TO RENDER SERVICE ON ANY COVERED EQUIPMENT. EXCLUSION IS MADE OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES MADE HEREIN. IN NO CASE WILL EPSON, SERVICE NET, OR THEIR AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR LICENSEES BE LIABLE FOR MORE THAN THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE OF YOUR PRODUCT MINUS SALES TAX.
(b) Exchange Service:
(d) Exchange units and parts are covered for the remainder of the Contract term, subject to Section 7, claims limitations. A defective product returned for exchange and defective parts used for repair become the property of Epson.
If You have any questions, require customer service, or wish to report a claim, please call the toll-free number listed on the front of this Certificate of Coverage, (Contract) or contact Us in writing at Service Net, 650 Missouri Ave., Jeffersonville, IN 47130.