I can't start Epson Scan in Windows or on my Mac. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Wait until the LED indicator turns on.
- Check the USB cable connection between the scanner and computer to make sure it is secure.
- Unplug the USB cable from the scanner, wait five seconds, and then plug it again.
- Use the USB cable that came with your scanner.
- Connect the scanner directly to the computer's USB port or through one USB hub only. The scanner may not work properly when connected to the computer through more than one USB hub.
- Make sure your computer supports USB.
- Make sure the scanning software is fully installed. See the Start Here sheet for instructions on installing the software.
- If you are using any TWAIN-compliant program, make sure that the correct scanner is selected as the Scanner or Source setting.
- If you upgraded your computer's operating system, you need to reinstall EPSON Scan and EPSON Scan Settings. Uninstall EPSON Scan as described in Uninstalling your EPSON Scanning Software, then reinstall it as described in the Start Here sheet.
Make sure your scanner's name appears under Imaging device without a (?) or an exclamation (!) mark in the Device Manager window. If the scanner's name appears with one of these marks ir as an Unknown device, uninstall EPSON Scan as described in Uninstalling your EPSON Scanning Software, then reinstall it as described in the Start Here sheet.
Published: 12-Mar-2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!