Scanning is slow. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Scan your original at a lower resolution, if possible.
- Make sure your system meets the requirements for your operating system. If you are scanning a high-resolution image, you may need more than the minimum requirements, such as a Hi-Speed USB port. If necessary, increase your system's memory.
- If you are running virus protection or other security software, exclude the TWAIN.log files from monitoring or set the TWAIN.log files as read only (Windows). See your virus protection or security software instructions for details. The TWAIN.log file is saved in the following locations:
- Windows XP: C:\Document and Settings\(user name)\Local Settings\Temp
- Windows (other versions): C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Temp
- If you are scanning using DITIGAL ICE Technology, turn off the feature; scanning takes longer using DIGITAL ICE Technology.
Published: 1-Dec-2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!