My product doesn't start when I press the button. What should I do?
If the scanner buttons do not start the correct program or perform the correct action, try these solutions:
- Make sure Epson Scan is installed correctly. If necessary, uninstall and reinstall it.
- Check the default settings assigned to the scanner buttons in Event Manager and change them, if necessary.
- With Windows Vista or Windows XP, check the settings in your scanner's Properties window:
- Windows Vista: Open the menu and select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Scanners and Cameras. Select the scanner and click Properties.
- Windows XP: Double-click My Computer, right-click the scanner name, and select Properties.
Click the Events tab and make sure Take no action is not selected. Also make sure the scanner buttons are selected in the Select an event list box and that Start this program is selected.
Changing Default Scan Button Settings
Uninstalling Scanner Software - Windows
Uninstalling Scanner Software - OS X
Published: 23-Jan-2015 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!