The product is not converting characters to editable text. What should I do?
If characters in your scanned images are not recognized during OCR conversion (Windows only), try these solutions:
- Make sure your original is loaded straight on your product.
- Use an original with clear text.
- Adjust these Epson Scan 2 settings (if available) and try scanning again:
- Select the correct Image Type setting.
- Select or adjust the Text Enhancement setting.
- Adjust the Threshold setting.
- Select the correct Text Language setting.
- Set the scanning resolution between 200 and 600 dpi.
- If the original document is in Landscape mode, set the Rotate setting to Auto in Epson Scan 2.
- If you are using OCR software, check the manual for any additional adjustments.
Convert Scanned Documents to Editable Text (OCR)
Scanning in Epson Scan 2
Image Format Options
Published: 8-Aug-2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!