I see lines through all my scanned images. What should I do?
If spots or lines appear in all your scanned images, try these solutions:
- Make sure the surface of your original is clean.
- Make sure there is no debris or dirt inside the ADF.
- Disconnect any connected cables and clean inside the scanner.
- Enable the Detect Glass Dirt setting on the control panel. (Press the home button, select Settings > Scanner Settings > Detect Glass Dirt, and select On-Low, if the alert displays a misdetection, or On- High if dirt is not detected.) When an alert displays on the control panel, clean the glass scanning surfaces inside your scanner using a genuine Epson cleaning kit or a soft, moist cloth.
Note: If there are scratches on the glass surface, the alert screen may continue to appear even after cleaning the glass. Contact Epson for information about replacing the glass.
- Avoid scanning in direct sunlight.
Cleaning Inside Your Scanner