My printout is blurry or smeared. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Make sure your paper isn't damp or curled, or loaded face up (the printable side should be face down). It's usually brighter or whiter.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications.
- The print head nozzles may need cleaning.
- Use Epson papers to ensure proper saturation and absorption of genuine Epson inks. Also, make sure you're using genuine Epson ink cartridges.
- Align the print head.
- Remove each sheet from the output tray as it is printed.
- Avoid handling printouts on glossy paper for a few hours to allow the ink to set
- Turn off High Speed mode (Windows only) in the printer software.
- If you are printing double-sided and printing heavily saturated or dark images on the front side of the paper, you may notice that smudges or marks appear on the front when you print the second side. If one side of the paper will contain a lighter image or text, print that side first to eliminate marks or smudging. If you're copying a document or photo, increase the Dry Time.
- Clean the rollers inside the product.
Published: 20-Jan-2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!