How do I print in black/grayscale only?
Open a document, then follow the steps below for your operating system to select Black/Grayscale or Grayscale in the printer driver.
To keep the print head clear and ready to print, the printer uses a small amount of ink from all the cartridges whenever it prints. Even if you select Black/Grayscale or Grayscale, some color ink is still being used.
Black/Grayscale or Grayscale is not recommended for printing black-and-white photos.
- Open the File menu or click and select Print.
- Make sure the Workkforce 435 is selected as the printer.
- Click Properties or Preferences.
If you don't see these buttons, click Setup, Printer, or Options, then click Properties or Preferences on the next screen.
- On the Main tab, select Black/Grayscale under Print Options.
- Click OK.
- Open the File menu and select Print.
- Make sure the Workforce 435 is selected as the printer.
With Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, and 10.7 click the button to expand the Print window, if necessary.
- Select Print Settings from the printer options pop-up menu.
- Select Grayscale.
Not available on all media types.
Published: 27-Oct-2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!