I'm having trouble sending or receiving faxes. What should I do?
If you cannot send or receive faxes, try these solutions:
- Make sure the recipient's fax machine is turned on and working.
- Make sure paper is loaded correctly in your product.
- Make sure Auto Answer mode is turned on to receive faxes automatically. Check your product control panel to see if this mode is turned on.
- Check that the cable connecting your telephone wall jack to your product's LINE port is secure.
- Print a fax connection report using your product control panel or fax software to help diagnose the problem.
- Verify that the telephone wall jack works by connecting a phone to it and testing it.
- If you connected your product to a DSL phone line, you must connect a DSL filter to the phone jack to enable faxing over the line. Contact your DSL provider for the necessary filter.
- Try lowering your product's fax speed setting.
- Make sure the error correction mode setting is turned on if you are trying to send or receive a color fax.
If your phone line includes voicemail answering services, calls or faxes may be inadvertently received by your voicemail service.Related tasks
Connecting a Telephone or Answering Machine
Receiving Faxes Automatically (Auto Answer)
Selecting Fax Communication Settings
Printing Fax Reports
Published: 8-Jul-2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!