I cannot print from my Mac after I replaced my router. What should I do?
You will need to set up your software and product again for the new router. Do the following:
Disable your firewall software
- Select the menu > System Preferences, then click either Security & Privacy or Security.
- Select the Firewall tab, then disable the firewall. If you have oher firewall software enabled, you'll also need to disable it. If you don't know how to disable it, contact your firewall provider for help.
- Proceed to the next step.
Note: This step is needed to install the product's software and complete the Wi-Fi setup. Remember to enable your firewall software after you complete the Wi-Fi setup.
Install the product software
- Download the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package for a Mac. Make a note of the file name and save location so you can retrieve it. Important: You'll need to know your network name (SSID) and network password before you can set up your product. If you don't know them, contact the manufacturer of your router or the person who set up your network.
- Open the file you downloaded, and follow the on-screen instructions. When you see the Select Your Connection screen, select Wireless connection, then click Continue.
- When you see the Select Setup Option screen, select Set up printer for the first time, click Continue, then follow the instructions on your computer screen to complete the installation.
Note: We recommend using a temporary USB cable connection (cable not included) to simplify wireless setup. If you're using Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, or 10.8, or you don't have a USB cable, select Using printer buttons to set up your printer.
Published: 28-Mar-2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!