I replaced an ink cartridge and my product shows that the same ink cartridge is expended. What should I do?
The ink cartridges may not be seated properly, and may need to be reseated.
- Turn on your product.
- If an ink cartridge is expended, you see a message on the LCD screen. Note which cartridges are affected, then select Proceed and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Lift up the scanner unit.
- Open the cartridge cover.
- Press the ink cartridge down until it clicks into place. (If a cartridge is properly seated already, you may not hear a click.)
- Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.
- Close the scanner unit. The product starts charging the ink.
Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed properly.
Published: 24-Apr-2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!