How do I connect my product with a Wi-Fi connection to a computer or another device without using a wireless router or access point?
You can enable Wi-Fi Direct mode to allow direct communication between your product and computer or other devices without a wireless router or access point.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Press .
- Select Wi-Fi Setup. You see a screen like this:
- Scroll down and select Wi-Fi Direct Setup.
- Select Connection Setup.
- Select Change Password and select Yes.
Note: If you have already connected devices or computers to your product via Wi-Fi Direct, they are disconnected when you change the password.
- Enter your Wi-Fi Direct password.
Note: Your password must be at least 8 and no more than 22 characters long.
- Press when you finish entering your password. You see a screen like this:
- Scroll down to view the SSID (Wi-Fi network name) and password.
- Use your computer or wireless device to select the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) displayed on the LCD screen, then enter the password shown.
- Press the home button. You see either an AP or Direct connection symbol on the LCD screen and should be able to print directly to your product from your computer or device.
Note: If the AP or Direct connection symbol is not displayed on the LCD screen, Wi-Fi Direct mode is not enabled. Repeat these steps to try again.
Entering Characters on the LCD Screen