Can I use a pre-paid calling card to send a fax?
Yes. To send a fax this way, you'll need to connect an external telephone to the product's EXT port. To send the fax, see the instructions below.
Dialing Fax Numbers from a Connected TelephoneIf you have connected a telephone to the EXT port on your product, you can send a fax by dialing the fax number from the connected telephone. If the recipient's phone number and fax number are the same, you can speak to the recipient before sending the fax.
- Place your original on the product for faxing.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Dial the fax number from the connected telephone. Speak to the recipient if necessary.
Note: If you are using a pre-paid calling card, enter the number and password required to use the card before entering the destination fax number.
- Select Start Fax on the LCD screen.
- Select Send.
Note: Your product now communicates with the recipient's fax machine. Do not hang up the telephone.
- When you hear a fax tone, press one of the buttons to start sending the fax.
Note: If your recipient's fax machine does not print in color, your fax is automatically sent in black-and-white.
- Hang up the telephone.
Fax Sending Options
Placing Originals on the Product