What steps can I take to prepare my product for storage?
If you need to store your product or transport it some distance, prepare it for transportation as described here.
During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
- Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak.
- When storing or transporting an ink bottle after removing its seal, do not tilt the bottle and do not subject it to impacts or temperature changes. Otherwise, ink may leak even if the cap on the ink bottle is tightened securely. Be sure to keep the ink bottle upright when tightening the cap, and take measures to prevent ink from leaking when transporting the ink bottles.
- Do not put opened ink bottles in the box with the printer.
- Do not carry the product by its control panel; this may damage the product.
- Turn off the product.
- Lift up the scanner unit and check to see if the print head is in the far right position (the home position). If not, turn on the product, wait for the print head to move to the far right, then turn the product off again.
- Secure the print head to the case with tape.
Do not place tape on the white flat cable inside the product; otherwise, you may damage your product.
- Lower the scanner unit.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Close the paper support, feeder guard, and output tray. Then lower the control panel by squeezing the release bar and gently pushing the panel down.
Do not lower the control panel without first squeezing the release bar or you may damage your product.
- Open the ink tank unit cover and check to make sure that the ink tank caps are installed securely.
- Place the product in the plastic bag that was included with the product and fold the bag closed as shown.
- Place the product in its original packaging materials, if possible, or use equivalent cushioning around the product.
Keep the product level during transport. Otherwise, ink may leak.
Be sure to remove the tape from the print head before turning on your product. If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.Related concepts
Print Head Cleaning
Aligning the Print Head Using a Computer Utility