My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper correctly for your product.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Align the print head.
- You may need to replace the ink cartridges.
If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint:
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Windows
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Selecting Basic Print Settings - Mac
Selecting Printing Preferences - Mac
Paper or Media Type Settings - Control Panel
Paper or Media Type Settings - Product Software
Replacing Ink Cartridges
Published: 16-Jan-2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!