I replaced an ink cartridge and my product shows that the same ink is expended. What should I do?
The ink cartridge may not be seated properly. Do the following:
- Turn on your product.
- You see a message on the LCD screen saying ink cartridges are expended. Note which cartridges need to be replaced and press the OK button, then choose Replace now.
- Lift up the scanner unit.
Do not move the print head by hand; otherwise, you may damage your product. Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer.
- Press each ink cartridge down until it clicks into place. (If a cartridge is properly seated already, you may not hear a click.)
Note: When you installed the new cartridge, you should have removed the yellow tape from the cartridge. If you know you removed it, go to the next step. If you're not sure, you can pull out the cartridge to check. (Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift it straight up.) Remove the tape if necessary and reinstall the cartridge, pressing it down firmly.
- Lower the scanner unit and press the start button.
- The printer starts charging the ink. This takes about 90 seconds. When you see a confirmation message on the screen, ink charging is finished.