I replaced an ink cartridge, but my product shows that the ink is not recognized. What should I do?
The ink cartridges may not have been installed using the correct procedure, or they may not be seated correctly. Follow the instructions below to correctly install and reseat the ink cartridges.
Note: This product is designed to use only genuine Epson-brand ink cartridges. Other brands of ink cartridges and ink supplies are not compatible and, even if described as compatible, may not function properly. Please replace any non-Epson cartridges with Genuine Epson cartridges.
- Turn on your product.
- Do one of the following:
- If the ink not recognized message is on the screen, select the option to replace the ink cartridge and press the OK button.
- If the ink not recognized message is not on the screen, press the home button, if necessary, and select Setup > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement. Press the OK button and then the start button.
- When the message to replace the ink cartridges appears on the screen, lift up the scanner unit.
Do not move the print head by hand; otherwise, you may damage your product. Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer.
- Remove all the ink cartridges by squeezing the tab on each cartridge and lifting it straight up.
Note: Make sure the yellow tape is removed from each cartridge. Remove only the yellow tape.
- After all the ink cartridges have been removed, reinsert them one by one and press each one down until it clicks into place.
- Close the scanner unit.
- Press the start button. The printer starts charging the ink.
If your printer still does not recognize the ink cartridges, please contact Epson support.