Are there any safety precautions I should take when handling the ink?
Yes, see below.
Ink Safety Precautions
Ink Handling Precautions
- Keep ink bottles and the ink tank unit out of the reach of children. Do not allow children to drink from or handle the ink bottles and bottle caps.
- Do not tilt or shake an ink bottle after removing its seal; otherwise, ink may leak.
- If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If ink gets into your mouth, spit it out immediately. Seek medical advice if problems persist.
Ink Refilling Precautions
- Use ink bottles with the correct part number for this product.
- Do not mix with other Epson ink types.
- The use of non-Epson ink may cause damage that is not covered by Epson’s warranty, and under certain circumstances, may cause erratic product behavior.
- This product requires careful handling of ink. Ink may splatter when the ink tanks are filled or refilled with ink. If ink gets on your clothes or belongings, it may not come off.
- Do not open the ink bottle package until you are ready to fill an ink tank. Ink bottles are vacuum packed to maintain reliability. If you leave an ink bottle unpacked for a long time before using it, print quality may be affected.
- If the ink level is below the lower line on the ink tank, refill the ink soon. Continued use of the product when the ink level is below the lower line on the ink tank could damage the product.
- After bringing an ink bottle inside from a cold storage site, allow it to warm up at room temperature for at least three hours before using it.
- Store ink bottles in a cool, dark place.
- Store the ink bottles in the same environment as the product. When storing or transporting an ink bottle after removing its seal, do not tilt the bottle and do not subject it to impacts or temperature changes. Otherwise, ink may leak even if the cap on the ink bottle is tightened securely. Be sure to keep the ink bottle upright when tightening the cap, and take measures to prevent ink from leaking when you transport the bottle.
Ink Bottle and Ink Tank Information
- To maintain optimum print head performance, some ink is consumed from all ink tanks during printing and when performing maintenance operations, such as cleaning the print head.
- The ink bottles may contain recycled materials, but this does not affect product function or performance.
- When printing in monochrome or grayscale, color ink may be used instead of black ink, depending on the paper type or print quality settings. This is because a mixture of color inks is used to create black.
Published: 6-Apr-2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!